Year 5 - Week 1 Schedule
1. Week 1
Family Time, Oral Narrations and Read Alouds
Optional Family Devotion: Bible, scripture or other inspirational reading
Poetry Anthology - Read 3 times per week
History Narration: Our Sunburnt Country Sample p. 9 -11
Geography Narration: A Bush Calendar – current month
On Your Own Subjects
Primary Language Lessons 5 – Week 1
Handwriting: Downunder Copywork Book 3: p.5 - 6
Watch Astronomy Video: Moon Landing - Australia's Role
New Astronomy Book - Introduction p. 6 - 7
Core Maths Curriculum ($)
Own Reader/Free Reading (S)
Map Work and Notebooking Activities
Science Notebooking Page using >The New Astronomy Book.
- Free Reading /library visit - We encourage you read from lots of books. We have lots of book list suggestions for you.
- Nature Walk - allocate time this week to go on a nature walk somewhere. This is a great group activity. Instructions on nature journaling are given in our How To Teach section.
- Independent Art Work- Creative art activity of choice. Drawing, painting etc.
- Sports Activity - this can be an organised group activity or free play that could be considered exercise.
- Music Lesson Practice - if your child is learning an instrument then this is a reminder for daily practice.
- Handicrafts - children are encouraged to do activities with their hands. This project is up to you.
- Foreign Language (extra) - we do have simple language curriculum but if you want to focus on learning a language indepth you will need to seek out extra curriculum. However this is optional.